Thursday, May 29, 2014

Katherine Poe

Hello, it's Katherine Poe!  If you're reading this you probably received a tag from either myself or one of my fellow classmates.  I chose to post pictures of my journal cover (top picture is the front cover, bottom picture is the back) which was supposed to reflect us and our personalities in some way.  The front cover is a girl whose body is turning into birds, who are flying away in all different directions.  To me, this represents breaking away from the expectations put upon us by society and the freedom that comes with being an individual who is unique and comfortable with said uniqueness.  The back cover is a poem I found (there was no author credited) that again reflects the desire to be free, content with life and without the burdens we sometimes carry through our lives.  To create this piece, I used pen and a special pencil which, once on paper, can be manipulated with water, almost like paint.  Altogether, I loved this assignment and my finished product. I enjoyed Ms. Burke's art class so much, and learned things about myself as a person and as an artist that I will remember for the rest of my life.



1 comment:

  1. Katherine - your artwork and outlook on life are amazing! Please check back next year and let me know how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete